ASGCO Razor-Back Belt Cleaner
Mechanical Splices? No Problem.
The Razor-Back® belt cleaner features tough self-adjusting replaceable tungsten carbide blades (non-carbide also available) for extremely effective conveyor belt cleaning.
Razor-Back® Belt Cleaner Features & Benefits
- Longwearing Abrasion Resistant Blades – available with replaceable V-Tips for vulcanized conveyor belts or C-Tips or F-Tips for conveyor belts with mechanical fasteners. Also available with Urethane and AR™ 400 blades.
- Impact Absorbing Tension Cushions – each individual blade to the belt for a controlled and effective belt cleaning across the entire width of the belt.
- Compact Design – allows for an installation that requires less than 9” of clearance to be installed and maintained.
- Mechanical Splices? No Problem – The Razor-Back® can be installed on belts with mechanical splices, due to the laid-back wiping blade angle and impact- absorbing tensioning cushions, allowing the mechanical splices to pass without damaging the belt cleaner or the splice.
- Blade Cartridge – allows for easy change out of scraper blades from either side of the conveyor
- Available Tensioning Systems – Bolt-Up™, Duo-Spring™, or Spring-Shoc™
- Available Optional Spray-Bar – Spray nozzle sizes can be customized for any desired spray pattern and water pressure.
Razor-Back® Belt Cleaner Video
- Maximum Belt Speed – 1000 fpm (5.0 m/sec)
- Application – Coal Fired Power Plants, Hard Rock Mining, Steel Mills,
Iron Ore, Aggregate and Mineral (Phosphate, Potash, Salt) Mining.
Utilizes a unique patent pending mounting plate that allows the cleaning blade to be spring tensioned in either a pull-up or push-up position. This specially designed configurability features two different mounting options that leave extra clearance above or below the bracket where necessary.
Razor-Back® with Spray Bar
Razor-Back® with Spray Bar is a secondary belt cleaner that uses a row of spray nozzles to spray a fine sharp stream of water at a 30° degree angle onto the conveyor belt where the carry-back material is difficult to remove. Water is applied to the belt in an overlapping spray pattern which places the particles into a fluid suspension, while moistening the belt.
The blades of the Razor-Back® with Spray Bar are then able to make consistent contact with the conveyor belt surface to remove nearly 98% or more of bulk material coarse carry-back.
Can We Help?
We would like to offer you a free site survey with a report and recommendations. We offer a pro rata payment plan where if you accept our recommendation you only pay the full price when we achieve our promised results.
We can work with you to achieve the planned maintenance program by making components last longer by the strategic use of hard metals/ceramics.