The current belt scrapers were stopping material at the head drum end where the conveyor scraper blade contacts the belt. These cannot be regularly dropped to be cleaned and maintained as this would require a significant increase in manpower.
Problems with inadequate belt scrapers
Once the belt scrapers fail and a system is left like this, an overpowered material is then carried back along the belt, which causes the following issues:
- Belly pans full of material
- Blockages around rollers
- Material pushing from the belly pan to the underside of the belt causes premature belt wear & damage.
- Drive drum motors are overloaded
- Spillages to the facility floor causing H&S hazard.
Results and benefits of using motorised brush belt scrapers
- Carryback was eliminated, and the system avoided blockages
- The return belt and rollers are kept clean and free of material
- No cleaning resource is required to remove material from the facility floor, and health and safety risks are reduced Belly pans are kept clean and free of material
- Reduced downtime and increased uptime
- The client was able to maintain stable production
- Reduced wear of conveyor belts and rollers, which reduces ongoing costs
- Minimal maintenance is required.
“We are extremely pleased with the motorised brush scraper equipment installed and find the system a huge improvement on previous installations.”
Download the full case study here: Reducing conveyor stoppages with automatic motorised brush cleaning technology at ERF/MRF Facility