Manufacturing and supply of DRS Screening Shafts in UK to improve plant efficiencies and business carbon impact for MRF facility: A Hoverdale Case Study.
A recycling plant customer had to source OEM replacement parts for DRS Screen Shafts from the USA, which resulted in lead times of 6 months, affecting production efficiency in the delay of spare parts.
To counter this issue, the customer needed to purchase expensive parts to hold in stock to cover the risk of failures and the lead time for new parts. Parts were very expensive, which was further compounded by the shipping costs. The customer’s carbon reduction strategy was also negatively impacted by having to procure and ship the parts from the USA to the UK. The OEM parts also had a common failure of the stub end shafts, which resulted in regular fracturing. This problem also impacts production and reduces efficiencies and profitability.
- Reduce costs
- Reduce lead-times
- Improve quality
- Reduce carbon footprint
- Reduce the need for large stock holding.
Hoverdale investigated why the parts were failing and wearing so quickly. From the information gathered, Hoverdale redesigned the parts using a different material to prolong the life of the components and stop the catastrophic failures. The process involved designing and testing the parts in Catia V6 3D CAD & FE software. Once optimised, the parts were then tested in the field with huge success.
- 40% reduction in costs
- Lead-time reduction from 24 to 4 weeks
- Quality improvement increases service life and removes the design flaws causing catastrophic failures.
- Parts are manufactured in Warwickshire at Hoverdale Head Office, resulting in parts being within 30 minutes of the customer site.
- Hoverdale has sites located across the UK.
- Significant reduction in customer carbon footprint
- Customer no longer needs to hold large stock levels due to lead-time reduction.
👉🏼 Hoverdale’s Promise 👈🏼
All our systems are designed and manufactured, Made in Britain and installed by our qualified Hoverdale Engineers. We offer a 100% money-back guarantee that we will solve the issues and commit after-sales and technical support for ongoing system performance.