CASE STUDY: MRF recycling plant benefits from Hoverdale’s wide range of products and services, including motorised brush cleaners and secondary contact tungsten scrapers.
The Hoverdale technical survey team were called into an MRF recycling plant in Yorkshire to investigate their processing problems. A full site survey was carried out, which identified a number of issues across the conveyor lines. Solutions were urgently required to improve production ‘up time’ by increasing equipment availability through stable production.
The Hoverdale motorised brush system was the ideal solution to tackle the challenges. The system can be installed in a secondary location tucked under the drive drum at 6 o’clock. This has the benefit of allowing gravity to work first, with material dropping off the end of the conveyor with the secondary brush system only cleaning what is still stuck to the return belt.
The Motorised Brush specification includes:
- A stainless-steel construction that auto-adjusts as the brush wears to maintain constant effective cleaning contact with the belt
- IP67-rated motors & gearboxes designed for harsh environments
- Solid stainless-steel key-way shaft for long service life
- Available from 300mm to 4000mm wide belt widths
- A range of cleaning brush diameters from 200mm
- O/D to 600mm O/D means that cleated belts up to 150mm in height are still cleaned effectively
- Segmental brush segments for quick and easy changes with hard-wearing compositions unique to Hoverdale
- Minimum maintenance needed between brush changes
- Excellent in dealing with fine material stuck to the belt
- Works equally well on worn or new condition belts.
- Works effectively on damaged and pitted belts
- Works in conjunction with Hoverdale Primary belt scraper systems.
Results & Benefits
This included motorised brush cleaners and secondary contact tungsten scrapers. Hoverdale has a vast range of solutions suitable for several different systems – covering all the different belt specifications. The Hoverdale systems supplied were bespoke adaption plates, so the OEM fixing points could be used to avoid any need for cutting into the conveyors.
- Carryback was eliminated, and the systems avoided blockages.
- The return belt and rollers are kept clean and free of material.
- No cleaning resource is required to remove material from the facility is kept clean and free of material.
- Significant reduction in fugitive dust providing a safer working environment
- Reduced time and increased uptime
- The clients can better maintain stable production
- Reduce premature wear of conveyor belts and rollers, which reduce ongoing costs
- Minimal maintenance is required
- Reduction in consumable costs as the system was positioned in a secondary position out of the flow of material
- Rapid ROI
- Training programme implemented on further line installs and maintenance.
👉🏼 Hoverdale’s Promise 👈🏼
All our systems are designed and manufactured, Made in Britain and installed by our qualified Hoverdale Engineers. We offer a 100% money-back guarantee that we will solve the issues and commit after-sales and technical support for ongoing system performance.