ASCGO Skalper Belt Cleaner
Eliminate Your Conveyor Carry-back Problems
Our newly enhanced Skalper® series of conveyor belt pre-cleaners have been installed and have solved carry-back problems all over the world. The simple and highly effective Skalper® belt cleaner removes carry-back from the conveyor system.
Skalper® Belt Cleaner Features & Benefits
- Excellent Performance – of our patented Skalper® Blade design maintains an effective cleaning edge throughout the life of the blade with its unique horizontal sipes/wear-grooves across the entire width of the blade cleaning edge and by the use of the arc-shaped back side of the blade to ensure a sharp cleaning edge.
- E-Z Torque® Tensioner – (lifetime warranty) patented – made of all 304 stainless steel mounting plates, collars and springs allows the blades to self adjust throughout the entire life of the blade and is the most robust and accurate belt cleaner tensioner in the industry.
- Blade-Wear Indicator – allows to monitor blade wear easily without having to shut the system down for inspection.
- Torque Spring – provides a greater degree of tensioning per inch of blade, verses compression springs which require more tensioning adjustment for the life of the blade.
- Rubber Corrugated Dust Covers and UHMW Bushings – ensures no build-up in the spring tensioning area and provides smooth non-binding tensioning.
- Quick-Change Blade – stainless steel pin blade change-out system uses no-tools.
- Optional – Ceramic (XC) blade available for high speed, high tonnage conveyor systems.
- Easily Maintained – and tensioned from one side of the conveyor.
- MSHA Accepted – #MSHA IC – 174/1
Skalper® Belt Cleaner Video
A flat pulley surface side of the blade ensures a sharp point contact and material clearance.
- More Aggressive
- Less Abrasion Between Blade and Belt
- Less Chance of Blade Feathering
- Maximum Belt Speed – 1000fpm (5.0 m/sec)
- Pulley Diameter – 12″ – 36″ (300 – 900mm)
- Applications – Coal Fired Power Plants, Hard Rock Mining, Steel Mills, Iron Ore, Aggregate and Mineral (Phosphate, Potash, Salt) Mining
Skalper® with E-Z Torque® Tensioner
- Simple and Accurate
- Superior Elasticity
- Excellent for worn belts
- Stainless steel pin with lanyard for easy change-out
- Single hand tensioner
- Torque wrench adaptor supplied to get accurate torque tension.
- 100% Lifetime warranty
- US Patent Number 5,992614
Can We Help?
We would like to offer you a free site survey with a report and recommendations. We offer a pro rata payment plan where if you accept our recommendation you only pay the full price when we achieve our promised results.
We can work with you to achieve the planned maintenance program by making components last longer by the strategic use of hard metals/ceramics.