Crusher Blade Manufacturing Services
Our Crusher Blade Manufacturing Services
Hoverdale are able to manufacture crusher blades to all specifications. We have a long history of servicing both the metal processing and scrap metal industries. We are able to undertake a complete manufacturing process, including milling, drilling grinding & heat treatment.
We have a range of expertise & services that our customers have come to trust including:
- We can offer improved metallurgy to ensure that shear blades last longer and require fewer spares
- We offer a sharpening and regrind service including collection & redelivery
- We are able to rebuild blades in the parent metal or to undertake a partial rebuild capped off with hard metals to give a longer life
What Makes Us Different?
Hoverdale has 45 years of expertise in shear blade manufacture. We have a number of points of difference that our clients appreciate:
- We are the best in the business at helping you to find the right material for your blade and manufacturing it to do the right job for the specified life
- We can make small quantities of shear blades to order
- We can make tool steel blades
- We can make tungsten carbide tipped shear blades
- We offer in-house heat treatment
- We have an in-house grinding facility
Common Customer Objectives
Our customers are usually interested in the following things:
- To find a reliable supplier who is prepared to work as a partner to provide blades at the best price
- To ensure continuity of supply by placing call-off orders with 3 months firm, 3 months tentative & a buffer of stock to cover unusual demand
- To find a supplier that can provide longer-lasting blades with lower maintenance costs than their current OEM supplied blades
Frequently Asked Questions
Can you give us blades with longer life?
Yes. We have a range of materials we can recommend including our own hard metals. We introduced hard metals to the UK and are the UKs most experienced company working with hard metals for industrial applications.
What is your turnaround time?
We normally offer a 3-week turnaround for heat-treated components. If products aren’t heat-treated, we are able to turnaround orders within two weeks.
What happens if we have a smash-up in our machine?
In that case we would ‘rush’ extra parts to cover any shortfall but if we are supplying on a regular basis then we would draw from the buffer stock.
How Can We Add Value
There are a number of ways in which we can offer value to our customers in this service:
- We make everything in-house with low overheads
- We’re able to offer the highest quality products at very competitive prices
- We are uniquely positioned to offer longer life where possible because of our history in the hard metals industry
Can We Help?
We would like to offer you a free site survey with a report and recommendations. We offer a pro rata payment plan where if you accept our recommendation you only pay the full price when we achieve our promised results.
We can work with you to achieve the planned maintenance program by making components last longer by the strategic use of hard metals/ceramics.