Wearalloy 400 Wear Plate
What is Wearalloy 400?
Wearalloy 400 is an abrasion resistant steel with a nominal hardness of 400 HBW (Brinell strength).
Wearalloy 400 is used more often as easier to form and is less brittle than Wearalloy 500 (which is stronger).
Wearalloy 400 is available in thicknesses of 3 – 130 mm. Wearalloy 400 is available in widths up to 3350 mm and lengths up to 14630 mm. For widths ≤ 1600 mm and thicknesses between 3 – 8 mm preferred widths are 1500 or 1600 mm.
Wearalloy provides a unique combination of hardness and toughness. This opens for smarter, lighter structures with extreme performance and extended service life.
Wearalloy lasts 3 times as long as normal steel.
Wearalloy comes in a range of thicknesses from 0.7 mm to 300 mm.
Wearalloy’s extreme resistance to wear is a strategic business factor. Extending the service life of your equipment by two, three, five, ten times or more is like money in the bank.
- Hardness minimizes wear since it is difficult for the ‘edges’ of abrasive material to cut into the hard surface
- The hardness is more than skin deep – Wearalloy is hard throughout
- The hardness does not conflict with Wearalloy’s structural performance
- Wearalloy comes in a wide range of grades and dimensions to suit your particular application
The most important difference between Wearalloy and just ”some hard steel” is the toughness. That is what makes it possible to use it as a structural steel. It can be bent, formed and welded without losing its properties. Together with the high yield strength this opens up for lighter designs.
- It can take heavy blows without being deformed
- It will resist cracks if subjected to plastic deformation
- If a local crack should occur it will resist propagation
Wearalloy 400 Applications
There are limitless applications for Wearalloy 400. Some of the most common are:
- Transfer points
- Dump trucks
- Liner plates
How we Can Add Value
There are a number of ways in which we can offer value through our industry-leading Ultraclad, our experience and our abilities to fabricate and custom-make hard metals. We offer value in a number of ways:
- We have the technique and equipment to machine hard metals to any customer specifications
- We can fabricate products in hard metals as well as strategically reinforcing target areas in material transfer systems to provide a long life at a relatively low cost
- We can grind these products to user-defined dimensions
- We offer a range of products (Ultraclad, Wearalloy & RQ&T plate 400, 450 and 500 BHN) to ensure that we have the right solution to each problem
- We can offer stainless steel cladding, Inconel cladding & can make overlay to order to any customer requirements
- We can make overlay to customer-defined specifications – customers can give us their requirements and we can custom-design hard metals to do the job. To our knowledge, we are the only company that can do this
- We have a 10-tonne overhead crane and so we can fabricate up to 10 tonnes
Can We Help?
We would like to offer you a free site survey with a report and recommendations. We offer a pro rata payment plan where if you accept our recommendation you only pay the full price when we achieve our promised results.
We can work with you to achieve the planned maintenance program by making components last longer by the strategic use of hard metals/ceramics.